A metric in Split is a measurement of a visitor action and is based on the track events that are sent to Split. These metrics are used to measure the impact on customer experience as a result of changes you make to product features behind Split.
To create a metric, do the following:
- From the left navigation, click Metrics, and then the Create metric button. The Create a metric page appears:
- To specify the information for your new metric which helps you and your team manage your metrics, fill in the following fields:
- In the Name field, give your metric an easily recognizable name.
- In the Owners field, add one or more owners to your metric. Use owners to isolate metrics in the browse panes to those owned by me and simplify permissions by providing owner edit rights for a single segment across all environments by toggling permissions on. When toggled on, permissions inherit owners as editors.
- In the Tags field, add one or more tags to help you categorize the metric. You can use tags to isolate to a particular team or feature release. Create tags like reporting team, growth team, or reporting release.
- In the Description field, optionally provide a description of the metric so your team members understand the metric's purpose and meaning.
- In the Build metric definition area, define your metric. Refer to metric definition to learn more about how to define a metric.
- Click Create to create your metric. You are taken to your new metric.
Once you create metrics, you can monitor all relevant metrics as follows:
- Owned by me. List the metrics that you created or created by someone else and added you as an owner.
- Starred by me. Lists the metrics that you starred.
- Sort. Sorts by name from either A to Z or Z to A.
- Filter. Filters by traffic type or tags.
- Bell. Alert icon indicates whether or not an alert policy exists for a metric. If the icon is white, then no alert policy exists for the metric. If the icon is gray, then an alert policy exists for the metric.
Please sign in to leave a comment.