Use tags to organize and manage splits, segments, and metrics across the Split web console. Tags can isolate to a particular team or feature release—just create tags like
front end, or
geo search release.
We recommend creating tags that are specific to your workflow. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- By team: Identify the responsible team using tags such as
- By feature release: Identify all of the splits associated with a particular release using tags such as
new permissioning, or
contact database migration.
- By feature flag type: Identify all the splits associated with paywalls or those that are permanent versus temporary, using tags such as
- By status or stage: Identify splits that are in development, currently being rolled out, or those that have been released to 100% of customers by using tags such as
in release, or
ready for cleanup.
To tag splits, segments or metrics:
- Select the item you want to tag.
- Click the edit pencil next to the tags (below the name and description).
- In the text box, begin typing to select an existing tag from the drop-down menu or create a new tag to be used across Split.
- Click Apply.
Tags are most useful if they allow you to easily locate those items because of a particular tag.
Use the browse panels and the environments tab to quickly filter down to the tags you're looking for:
- Click Filter.
- Look for Tag.
- Use the menu to select as many tags as you want to filter by.
All tags are clickable within Split, making it easy to filter for the tag that you care about most.