Use tags to organize and manage feature flags, segments, and metrics across the Split web console. Tags can isolate to a particular team or feature release—just create tags like
front end, or
geo search release.
We recommend creating tags that are specific to your workflow. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- By team. Identify the responsible team using tags such as
- By feature release. Identify all of the feature flags associated with a particular release using tags such as
new permissioning, or
contact database migration.
- By feature flag type. Identify all the feature flags associated with paywalls or those that are permanent versus temporary, using tags such as
Notes: Be aware that:
- Tag names of tags are case sensitive.
- Tags are shared across workspaces, so avoid giving them sensitive names you don't want all users in all workspaces to see.
Adding or removing tags
To tag feature flag, segments, or metrics:
- Select the item you want to tag.
- Click the edit pencil next to the tags (below the name and description).
- In the text box, begin typing to select an existing tag from the menu or create a new tag.
- Click Apply.
Tags are most useful if they allow you to locate those items using a particular tag. When looking at lists in Split, whether of feature flags, segments, or metrics, you can use tags to filter the list to focus on just the items that have those tags.
- Click Filter and hover over Tag. A list of tags appears.
- Use the list to select as many tags as you want to filter by.
All tags are clickable within Split, making it easy to filter for the tag that you care about most.