The Metrics impact tab shows the impact of your experiment or feature rollout on your customers. To make data-driven decisions on your features, review and interpret the data that you collect before deciding to roll out the functionality to more customers. The data on the Metrics impact tab allows you to ensure safe and reliable feature delivery while powering data-driven decisions. Before getting started, review the following:
- Understand how your most important metrics (overall evaluation criteria) were both positively and negatively impacted to learn more about what your customers expect and how you should change your feature functionality.
- Compare the actual impact with your team's preliminary hypothesis.
- Ensure that you understand the impact and tradeoffs on your organization's guardrail and performance metrics.
- Share the impact with your team
To view the impact of your experiments on your organization's metrics, from your selected feature flag, click the Metrics impact tab. The tab shows how your organization's metrics change when looking at customers in a particular treatment as well as when comparing treatments.
Note: Automatic calculations are run for feature flag versions that include a percentage targeting rule. Click the Recalculate metrics button to run the on-demand calculations at any time.
The Metrics impact tab is described as follows:
- View impact for. Select the version, targeting rule, and treatments that you want to compare. When you select the treatment, you can see the number of customers in that treatment.
- Summary of key and organizational metrics. View how long your experiment has been running, and the last update time for the metrics displayed below. You can also force a recalculation of your metrics by clicking the Recalculate metrics button. This recalculation usually takes around 5 minutes but is dependent on the length of your experiment and the size of your data.
- Filter metrics. Filter down to metrics with a positive or negative impact by clicking the tile. You can deselect and view all by clicking the tile again.
- Key metrics. Select key metrics for this feature flag. If you are releasing a new feature behind this flag, display the key success metrics for this feature release.
- Organizational metrics. The remainder of your organization's metrics are displayed. Any metrics that changed in a statistically positive and negative way are displayed first.
For a detailed informaiton about specific metric cards, refer to Understanding metric impact.
If you have questions or need help troubleshooting, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.