Okta is a cloud-based identity management provider that you can integrate with Split’s SAML 2.0 API, allowing you to log in to Split using your single sign-on (SSO) credentials. Learn more about configuring SAML in Split.
Create SSO App
- Sign in to Okta.
- Click Admin to go to the Admin panel.
- Select the Applications tab.
- Click Add Application.
- Click Create New App.
- Under Platform select Web and under Sign on method select SAML 2.0, and then click Create.
- For App name, enter a name for your Split app and click Next.
- Create the app with a temporary Single Sign On URL. You will get the real URL later during the Split configuration, and come back to change it. Use the following settings:
- Set the Audience URI (SP Entity ID) value your own unique identifier (we use app.split.io for this example).
- Set the Name ID format as EmailAddress.
- Leave the rest of the options as default.
- Before finishing, select I'm an Okta customer adding an internal app.
SSO parameters are now available. Click View Setup Instructions.
- Copy the IdP metadata.
If you are a Split administrator, you can configure SAML in Admin Settings.
- Go to Admin Settings > Security > SAML.
- Add the IdP metadata copied from Okta.
- Enable/disable SAML strict mode.
- Enable/disable Just-in-time user provisioning.
- Click Save.
When you save these changes, you can view the summary of the SAML configuration parameters. You use this information when adding SAML settings in Okta.
Add SAML Settings
- Go to the Okta Admin Panel.
- Select the General tab.
- Under SAML Settings, click Edit.
- Click Next.
- Change the Single Sign on URL and the Audience URI to the Assertion Consumer Service URL provided in Split in the configuration parameters.
- Click NEXT and then FINISH.
Split is now linked with Okta.
Please sign in to leave a comment.