The Rollout board provides a place for teams to visualize where different features are in the release process and start answering questions like what features are ready for clean up or are ready to be ramped to more customers.
You can set a status for every split and update as it moves through the feature delivery lifecycle. Specifically, you can:
- Scale and coordinate flags and experiments seamlessly across teams
- Decide what features are ready or safe to ramp to more of your customers.
- Turn on a specific feature to all your customers
- Ensure flags are up-to-date and nothing slips through the cracks so that your release goals are on schedule
- Confirm whether features are ready to move to the next status by viewing the number of days in their current status, and the last time it received traffic across any environment
- Decide which features have been fully released for a while and are ready to be removed from your code
Note: For more information about statuses, refer to the Use statuses guide.
To view splits on the rollout board, do the following:
From the left hand navigation bar, select Rollout board. The following page opens:
Updating status from the rollout board
To immediately update a split status, you can move a split card from an existing status column to a new status column by doing the following:
- From the left hand navigation, select the Rollout board. The rollout board displays.
- Select the card you want to move and place it in the desired status (e.g., from pre-production to internal). A message appears indicating that you successfully updated the status of the split.
If the split has a pending status change that is awaiting approval, you can’t move the split card to a new status on the rollout board until the change request is resolved (e.g., the split withdrawn or approved). You also can't move a card into the No status or Killed columns.
The status of a split is not associated with environments.
About Split Cards
Each split displayed on the rollout board has a card associated with it which has the following information:
Split name. Name of the split.
Days in status. Use this indicator for cleanup, to determine if the split is safe for forward movement, and to make sure things are not forgotten.
Environment traffic indicators in the workspace. You can:
Hover to see time for last traffic received
The colors indicate the following:
Green. Traffic received last 7 days
Yellow. No traffic received last 7 days
Red. No traffic received ever
Grey. Not configured
An in-depth view of a split’s information
If you click on a specific card, you get the following in-depth view of your split’s information:
Description. Provides a split description.
Status. Indicates what the assigned status is (e.g., Ramping).
Days in status. Indicates how many days the split is in a particular status. In addition, you have two more icon that appears next to this:
Blue stamp. Indicates a pending change.
Red bell. Indicates an active alert.
Owners. Indicates who owns the split.
Tags. Indicates what the tags are (e.g., user interface).
Created date. Indicates when the split was created.
You also get a detailed table showing environment specific data:
- Last traffic received
- Last edit to the rollout plan date
- If there are any pending changes for approval in the environment
- If there are any active alerts
You can go directly to the split’s rollout plan by clicking on the name and make changes to the split.
About filters, sorting, and properties
The following describes filters and properties on the rollout board and how to use them.
The rollout board has two basic filters:
- Owned by me. Splits owned by you or any group you’re a part of
- Starred by me. Splits that you’ve personally starred
You can also deselect all filters to see a rollout board of all splits in the workspace.
Customize your filter search
Select additional filters to refine the search of your splits on the Rollout board. These filters allow you to customize your searches to find the desired splits. In addition to the basic filters, use the following additional filters to further customize your search:
- Traffic type. Allows you to search on the traffic types added to your split
- Creation date. Allows you to filter on predefined searches such as Last 24 hours, Last 7 Days, Last week, etc.
- Tags. Allows you to filter on tags on your split
- Days in status. Allows you to filter on the number of days your split was in status
- Split name. Allows you to search on split names with different criteria
- Owners. Allows you to search on the split owners
You can select the conditions that join the selected filters between AND or OR connectors. Once you apply a filter, the final number of splits found and the total number of splits display.
To apply a filter, do the following:
- From the left hand navigation bar, select Rollout board. The Rollout board page displays.
- In the top right corner, select Filter. The Add filter criteria page displays.
- Click +Add filter criteria to add the desired filters.
- Select AND or OR. The conditions are applied to all added filters.
- After you add the desired filters, you can see the number of applied filters on the Filter icon.
Select your sorting order
You can select a custom sort order to sort the split cards by a given status. By default, cards with pending changes are listed first. This enables you to see what actions are needed for the splits. To select a particular sort order, click Pending changes first and then the desired order.
Share a rollout board
You can share the current view of a rollout board, including applied filters, by using the Copy link selection. To share a rollout board, click the Copy link button. This copies a URL to your clipboard, including the additional filter parameters.
Within a session, you can select certain statuses to get the desired view.